The City of Grande Prairie has launched a Crime Mitigation Grant (CMG) pilot project to fund projects proposed by residents, businesses, not for profits, associations, and charities who believe a project has the likelihood of reducing their concerns related to crime or social disorder.
A total of $50,000 will be awarded, with a limit of $10,000 per application. The deadline for application submission is July 1, 2020.
The Committee will evaluate the proposals using a matrix made up of the following considerations:
- A validated crime/social disorder concern, which exists or is likely to exist
- A review of what measure(s) the applicant or the City has taken to date
- Determine the individuals’ vulnerability and risk factors
- The extent of the impact being experienced by the applicant
- The cost of the proposal, the amount of Grant funds available, and whether the applicant should have a financial contribution
- The likelihood the proposal will achieve the desired result
- Alternatives to the proposal
Wendy Hughes, Senior Executive Advisor for Protective and Social Services
Grande Prairie, AB