Child and Youth Intervention Program
Do you have a child, youth, teen who is struggling? Are you struggling as a parent?
Intervention can help. It can bring perspective, understanding, healing and celebration. The Child and Youth Intervention Program offers youth 12-17, who's behaviour has raised concerns, the opportunity to access services in our community that are the most appropriate for their needs.
The Child and Youth Intervention Program was implemented in collaboration with the RCMP and partnering community agencies. It takes a preventative approach to helping youth change their behaviour and develop their coping skills before they become involved in the justice system. There is also a restorative justice piece for the youth to repair the damages his/her behaviour may have caused if appropriate.
Parents and Youth can be unaware of how their behaviour can be influenced by:
- Family circumstances
- Grief and loss
- Mental health issues
- Substance abuse
- Troubles with friends or at school
- Skipping school seems like a minor act but it could be the start of a much larger issue, an indication that your child may be troubled, heading for trouble, or both.
Who is eligible?
- Youth, ages 12-17, whose behaviour has brought them into contact with the RCMP.
- Youth wanting to take responsibility for their behaviour.
- Parents looking for resources
We want every youth in our city to have easy access to high-quality community services when help is needed.