What is a Base Building?

A Base Building is the 'shell' of a building. A base building would have exterior walls with minor interior construction for future tenant development. Example, a demising wall or mezzanine may be built as part of a 'Base Building'.

Do I need a Building Permit?

Yes, all Base Buildings require a Building Permit.

Do I need a Subtrade Permit?

Yes, all Base Buildings will require an Electrical, Plumbing and Gas Permit.

Do I need a Development Permit?

Yes, all Base Buildings require a Development Permit.

Alberta One Call

If you are planning to disturb the ground, find out where the buried utilities are on your property as part of your planning process.

Whether you are landscaping, building a new fence or deck, or simply planting a garden, disturbing the ground on your property can cause damage to a buried utility. Some utilities are buried mere centimetres below the surface. For more information, contact Alberta One Call at 1-800-242-3447 or at www.albertaonecall.com

This is a general guide and has no legal status. It cannot be used as an official interpretation of the various bylaws and policies currently in effect. The City of Grande Prairie accepts no responsibility to persons relying solely on this information.