What is a Manufactured Home?

A manufactured home is a factory assembled, relocatable dwelling unit.

Do I need a Building Permit? 

Yes, you will require a Building Permit for a mobile home. Please contact Inspection Services at 780-538-0421for further information.

Do I need a Sub-trade Permit?

Yes, you will require an Electrical, Plumbing and Gas Permit. Depending on location, a Private Sewage Disposal System Permit may be required.

Do  I need a Development Permit?

Depending on the location, a Development Permit may be required. Please contact Development Permitting at 780-538-0325 for further information.

Do I need a Lot Grading Permit?

Depending on the location, a Lot Grading Permit may be required.  Please contact Lot Grading at 780-538-0300 for further information.


Alberta One Call

If you are planning to disturb the ground, find out where the buried utilities are on your property as part of your planning process.

Whether you are landscaping, building a new fence or deck, or simply planting a garden, disturbing the ground on your property can cause damage to a buried utility. Some utilities are buried mere centimetres below the surface. For more information, contact Alberta One Call at 1-800-242-3447 or at www.albertaonecall.com

This is a general guide and has no legal status. It cannot be used as an official interpretation of the various bylaws and policies currently in effect. The City of Grande Prairie accepts no responsibility to persons relying solely on this information.