What is a Multi Family Development?null

A multi-family dwelling is a building that contains up to five dwelling units and does not exceed 600 m2. A building with a footprint larger than 600 m2 is classified as a commercial development and professional involvement is required.

Do I need a Building Permit ?

Yes, you require a building permit for all multi-family development.

Do I need a Subtrade Permit?

Yes, you will require an electrical, plumbing and gas permit. Depending on location you may require a Private Sewage Disposal System permit.

Do I need a Development Permit?

Yes, you require a development permit for all multi-family development.

Alberta One Call

If you are planning to disturb the ground, find out where the buried utilities are on your property as part of your planning process.

Whether you are landscaping, building a new fence or deck, or simply planting a garden, disturbing the ground on your property can cause damage to a buried utility. Some utilities are buried mere centimetres below the surface. For more information, contact Alberta One Call at 1-800-242-3447 or at www.albertaonecall.com

This is a general guide and has no legal status. It cannot be used as an official interpretation of the various bylaws and policies currently in effect. The City of Grande Prairie accepts no responsibility to persons relying solely on this information.