What is a New Home?

A new home is any permanent single family dwelling with or without an attached garage. It does not include renovations or manufactured homes.

Do I need a Building Permit?

Yes, you require a building permit for all new homes.

Do I need a Subtrade Permit?

Yes, you will require electrical, plumbing and gas permits.  Depending on location, you may also require a Private Sewage Disposal System permit.

Do I need a Development Permit?

Yes, you requre a development permit for all new homes.


Alberta One Call

If you are planning to disturb the ground, find out where the buried utilities are on your property as part of your planning process.

Whether you are landscaping, building a new fence or deck, or simply planting a garden, disturbing the ground on your property can cause damage to a buried utility. Some utilities are buried mere centimetres below the surface. For more information, contact Alberta One Call at 1-800-242-3447 or at www.albertaonecall.com

This is a general guide and has no legal status. It cannot be used as an official interpretation of the various bylaws and policies currently in effect. The City of Grande Prairie accepts no responsibility to persons relying solely on this information.