A Development Permit is required for most signs within the City of Grande Prairie.

Land Use Bylaw C-1260, Schedule B outlines our bylaw requirements for signs. Please note:

  • Portable signs to not require a Development Permit, but they must meet the requirements of Schedule B.
  • Digital signs (Electronic Message Display signs) are permitted, but must meet the requirements for the type of sign (fascia, freestanding or billboard), as well as the requirements under Section 5.2 of Schedule B.

A Development permit for signs must be completed and approved before the sign is installed.  Please ensure your application is complete by reviewing the submission checklist on the front of the permit application form.

Development Permit applications can be submitted electronically by e-mailing all required documentation to: devpermits@cityofgp.com