The alignment application is required when shallow utility alignments are being performed.
Fees and Timelines
Fees are based on categories listed in the fees schedule, available on Bylaw C-1395 Fees and Charges; scroll to page 11 for Utility Alignment Permit fees.
- Shallow Utility Viewer Request: To request access to the City's shallow utility viewer program
- Engineering Services Request: This process is independent of our excavation permit process, but is required before an excavation permit is issued. Without authorized alignment approval and payment for the alignment review fee, an excavation permit will not be issued. Issuance of an excavation permit is made to the owner of the utility and not the contractor. If a contractor is submitting an application (on behalf of a utility company) he/she will be required to have proof of authorization to act as an agent.
- Inspection Request: Submitted when the project has been completed in accordance with the City's Standard Specification for the Construction of Municipal Improvements.
- Alignment approval request (letter format) with required drawing
- Sample of letter format for alignment application/alignment request
Completed requests may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the City Service Centre.
Attention: Field Inspector
City Service Centre, P.O. Bag 4000
9505 112 Street
Grande Prairie, AB. T8V 6H8
If you have questions or would like to speak to the Field Inspector, please email email@example.com.