Before you arrive:
- Please ensure that all guidance documents from the government of Alberta Relaunch Strategy or return to play protocols from sporting governing body are all adhered to.
When you arrive:
- Arrive ONLY 15 minutes prior to ice time.
- Follow all entrance, exit and traffic flow signage.
- Upon entering please stop at the hand sanitization station before proceeding into main lobby.
- Entering the main lobby there are Directional Flow Maps and Group Assignment Boards to direct each cohort booking to their assigned entrance and ice surface.
- Proceed to the designated space following the traffic flow signage.
- A maximum of 15 minutes is allotted for departure after ice time ends.
General Facility Protocols:
- Ice Surfaces MUST be pre booked – currently only COHORT bookings are permitted. Grande Prairie Minor Hockey, Grande Prairie Figure Skating, Summer Camps, etc.
- A maximum of 50 people can be on the ice/boxes per booking. This includes referees and coaches.
- Dressing rooms will NOT be available at this time. Please come dressed to go on the ice. There are chairs set out ensuring social distancing protocols are maintained to put on and lace up skates. The chairs are sprayed down with a disinfectant between each group. Spray bottles and microfiber cloths are available for groups to use if needed as an extra precautionary measure.
- Spectators are limited to 50 people per ice surface. Social distancing must be maintained.
- It is recommended that spectators wear masks. Cheering and yelling is discouraged at this time as it presents risk of spreading droplets.
- Spectators will not be permitted in the participant spaces (excluding parents and guardians where necessary for player support).
- Please bring a full water bottle as there is no access to the water fountains. Please ensure your name is on your water bottle.
- Assigned washrooms will be available for each booking.
- The concession will not be open at this time. Food vendors at Eastlink Centre also remain closed.
- If required, athletes are encouraged to bring their own snacks. No food services are available across CKC apart from limited food vending machines.
- Accessing the facility for congregating, lounging or social purposes will not be permitted at this time.
- Meeting Rooms are not available at this time.
- Cohorts are expected to disclose if they are symptomatic or have travelled.
- Access to the Eastlink Centre from Coca-Cola Centre will NOT be permitted at this time.
- Skate Sharpening coming soon.
Currently there are no drop-in programming opportunities. Stay tuned for future modifications should restrictions permit.
- Helmets are mandatory for anyone playing hockey including adults and coaches (Hockey Alberta Policy effective November 6, 2008)
- Full gear is recommended for Shinny Hockey
- The licensee shall be responsible for all people who enter the facility during their rental period; that includes participants, spectators and visitors
- Adequate supervision is required – 1 adult/20 skaters
These behaviours will not be tolerated and will result in your removal/potential ban from the facility.
Verbal abuse, drugs/alcohol, bullying/harassment, suspicious behaviour, sexual activity, inappropriate touching, vandalism, loitering, fighting, theft, profanity.
Hockey Canada’s Return to Hockey Safety Guidelines states: “Emphasize to all participants that spitting and blowing the nose without tissue is absolutely forbidden.” During the ice rental, players, coaches, referees and spectators MUST NOT spit, blow their nose freely or release any bodily fluid in the players boxes, on the ice surface or anywhere within the facility. Facial tissue has been supplied in each players box. Please ensure that tissues are put in the garbage can provided.
Alcoholic beverages are permitted in the facility ONLY as allowed and dispensed by our facility management, its agents or by permitted contract.