Installation of underground utilities is underway, including sanitary sewer and waterlines along on 100 Avenue between 100 Street and 99 Street.
- This is a complex process that requires excavating up to 4-meters, replacing the underground pipes, and replacing the service connections to each building.
- Traffic detours remain in place for westbound traffic on 100 Avenue.
- A reminder that the intersection of 101 Avenue and 99 Street is a 4-way stop for vehicles. Pedestrians have the right of way and vehicles must yield to pedestrians seeking to cross the road.
- The intersection of 100 Avenue and 98 Street has been adjusted to allow two left-turning lanes for traffic seeking to turn south onto 100 Street. Motorists are reminded to stay in their lane and not change lanes while turning.
Visiting Downtown (Pedestrian and Parking Access)
The City of Grande Prairie encourages residents to continue to support local businesses throughout construction.
- Maintenance of front of business access is a priority for the City.
- A paved walkway has been installed along the project for pedestrian use.
- As the project progresses, there may be short periods when front of building access is limited. Please refer to onsite construction signage for the latest info on front of business access.
- Residents may park for free at one of the parking locations shown on the Downtown Parking Map below and walk to their destination. The map is available for download on the City website.
About the Downtown Rehabilitation and Streetscapes Project
The Downtown Rehabilitation and Streetscapes Project is a multi-year investment in the city centre to replace and enhance underground infrastructure and streetscape features, amplifying Grande Prairie’s vibrancy and creating a high-density-development ready city centre for years to come.
Have questions about downtown construction? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the City of Grande Prairie at 311 or 780-538-0300.