Due to COVID-19, We have implemented a maximum four-passenger limit across all vehicles as an added measure of protection for the safety of our customers and our operators.
All passengers are required to wear a mask on all Transit vehicles. Disposable masks are available on all busses. For more information on the City's pandemic response, visit cityofgp.com/COVID-19.
Grande Prairie Accessible Transit (GPAT) is an accessible, door-to-door shared transit service for people with permanent or temporary disabilities that prevent them from using fixed-route transit without assistance from another person.
All of our Accessible Transit busses are equipped with wheelchair lifts to accommodate clients with special mobility needs.
GPAT picks you up at your accessible door and drops you off at the accessible door of your destination. Customers must first register, at no charge, for this program.
The service is available to any resident of the City of Grande Prairie and to residents in the County of Grande Prairie who live within 5 km of the City Limits (including Clairmont), regardless of age or income, who is unable to use the regular bus service due to a physical or cognitive disability..
Two types of accessible transit services are offered:
- shared door-to-door GPAT service and fixed-route service.
- Fixed-route service is provided through the use of low-floor buses with ramps and securement equipment for wheelchairs and scooters, on fixed routes and schedules.
Customers using wheelchairs or scooters, registered GPAT customers or Canadian National Insitute of the Blind (CNIB) pass holders may travel with an attendant with no extra cost. The Attendant must board and exit at the same stop as the customer requiring assistance and help load and secure mobility aids on the bus.
Accessible Transit Client Service Hours
|Day||Start time (first pick-up)||End time (last pick-up)|
|Monday- Saturday||6:30 a.m..||6:15 p.m..|
|Sunday||8:30 a.m..||5:30 p.m..|
|Statutory holidays*||Limited service|
*Grande Prairie Accessible Transit will not operate on Christmas Day, New Years Day, and Easter Sunday.
Dispatch Centre Client Service Hours
|Monday-Friday||7:00 a.m..||5:00 p.m..|
Phone 780-830-RIDE (7433) to book your appointment today.
Booking a ride
- Our Dispatch Office is closed on weekends and Statutory Holidays - please phone during business hours to book your trip appointment.
- The maximum advance booking is 7 days with the exception of allowing up to 9 days for bookings that are made on Fridays, in order to accommodate bookings for the following weekend.
- If you need to cancel your trip after hours, call dispatch at 780-830-7433 and leave a detailed message.
If you have any comments or concerns regarding Accessible Transit you can contact the City's Citizen Contact Centre for general information or to be connected with the Transit Manager. You may also contact our Dispatch line at 780-830-7433 for assistance and information.