Transit is on the move this year to better connect you around Grande Prairie.
We are introducing newly redesigned routes and schedules to enhance connectivity and provide improved service within the City.
The re-development included community consultation and is underway to match the growth and technological developments in the City so we can deliver better transit services to our residents with increasing efficiency.
Stay tuned to this page for updates on the timeline for implementation in late 2021/early 2022 and more details on the redesign.
About the redesign
The new system features three types of service delivery:
- Conventional fixed route utilizing larger buses
- Conventional fixed route utilizing smaller Community Shuttle buses
- On-demand service-using smaller buses connecting people from a bus stop to a transit hub.
All areas and stops currently served by transit will continue to be served by one of the three above noted services.
Highlights of the new system include:
- All routes will meet/transfer downtown at the Towne Centre Mall
- Service to the Grande Prairie Regional Hospital
- Three routes travelling between downtown and the Eastlink Centre
- Two-way service along 100 St. between downtown and Prairie Mall
- Two-way service along 104 Ave. linking downtown, GPRC and the Westgate area.
- A new “Shoppers Shuttle” route connecting all of the shopping areas between downtown and the Westgate area with 30 minute service all day
- On-Demand Service to be implemented in the following areas:
- Signature Falls
- Countryside North
- Countryside South
- Crystal Landing
- Trader Ridge
- Crystal Ridge
Our goal with the re-design is to:
- Provide enhanced service to key destinations
- Provide routes and service options that are more direct and easier to understand
- Reduce travel time
- Increase ridership
View the new routes here:
*Please note these routes do not go into effect until late 2021/early 2022. Please stay tuned to our website and social media channels for an announcement of an official launch date.