Grande Prairie Outdoor Pool
The City of Grande Prairie is proud to announce the outdoor pool officially opens Saturday, August 24, 2019.
A hallmark in the community, located in Muskoseepi Park, the outdoor pool was first opened in 1962. After a closure in 2013, the pool has now undergone a renovation and is re-opened to the public.
From public swims to swimming lessons and private rental opportunities, the City looks forward to seeing it return as an essential summer hangout for residents and visitors of all ages.
The new renovations to the outdoor pool include:
• Tots pool
• Zero beach
• Spanish steps and lily islands
• Games area
To check up-to-date pool information and swim times, residents can call 780-357-7531.
Public swim is currently available 7 days a week with the following schedule:
- Monday to Friday
- Saturday and Sunday
The last day of the summer swim season is Sunday, September 15.
The admission prices for the outdoor pool are as follows:
| ||Drop-in price||10 Punch Pass (*available in 2020)|
|Infants (2 years and under)||Free||Free|
|Child (3-12 years)||$4.50||$33.65|
|Youth (13-17 years)||$6.50||$47.95|
|Student (ID req.)||$6.50||$50.45|
Eastlink Centre memberships and passes are not eligible for use at the outdoor pool.
The Grande Prairie Outdoor Pool is available for private rentals and parties.
The rental rates are as follows:
| ||Hourly rate|
|Shared pool (up to 40 swimmers)||$64.26|
|Whole pool (up to 40 swimmers)||$128.52|
|Whole pool (41-100 swimmers)||$192.78|
|Whole pool (101-150 swimmers)||$246.33|
|Whole pool (151-260 swimmers)||$299.88|
For more information and to book, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help ensure the safety and enjoyment of all pool patrons, please be mindful of the following:
- The max capacity of the pool facility is 260
- No re-entry is allowed; if you leave the facility you will have to re-pay admission before re-entry
- All children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a responsible adult 16 years of age or older, and within arms reach of them at all times
- Children ages 8-9 must be accompanied by a responsible adult 16 years of age or older
- Only men’s and women’s change rooms are available, no family change rooms
- Strollers are not permitted in the change room or on deck
- The outdoor pool building, showers, washrooms, and change rooms are all wheelchair accessible; the main pool has a zero depth wade in entrance where wheelchair users can be wheeled in for entrance and egress of the main pool
- Lockers are available on-deck; patrons are encouraged to bring their own lock or to rent a lock from the front desk
- Lifejackets and floatation devices can be worn in the pool, and are available for rent
- Customers may bring in unopened, factory sealed beverages only; exceptions can be made for patrons feeding infants or customers with medical needs
- Food can be consumed in the grass and picnic area, but is not permitted on the pool deck or in the pool
- No diving is allowed in any part of the facility
- Riders must be 40’’ or taller to go down the waterslide
- Appropriate swimming apparel is required while in the pool; no outdoor footwear is permitted in the change rooms or on deck but can be stored on the main entrance shoe rack or stored in an on-deck locker
- To check up-to-date pool information and swim times, residents can call 780-357-7531.
Google Translate is provided as a free tool to enhance the usability of the City of Grande Prairie website. As such, the City of Grande Prairie is not responsible for Google Translate™.