The role of the Commission is to manage and operate the Grande Prairie Airport in a safe, secure and efficient manner while promoting and developing the Airport services to maximize revenue generation and thus, ensuring the commercial viability of the Airport in support of the overall economic development of Grande Prairie.
The Commission's responsibilities will consist of setting policy, reviewing and approving operating and capital budgets and reviewing the performance of the Airport Manager. The Commission makes its own decisions; however, the mandate requires it to report to City Council for information purposes on a regular schedule to be determined.
- 4-11 Directors, a maximum of three may be members of City Council;
- The remaining Directors will be appointed by City Council from the public at large
- The City of Grande Prairie will be a Member and represented by the Mayor or his designate. The other Member will be the City Manager.
Directors will be appointed for three years.
Meetings will be held quarterly and as required.
Directors at Large will be paid for their services at a rate recommended by the Board of Directors and approved by the City of Grande Prairie. All Directors, subject to the approval of the Board of Directors, shall receive reimbursement for all reasonable expenses necessarily incurred in fulfilment of their duties.
Skills, abilities, and experience
- Knowledge and skills in the areas of policy development, personnel and program management, budget preparation and monitoring
- Knowledge of the regional area and its economic drivers
- Ability to communicate effectively with shareholders, tenants and stakeholders
- Skills in marketing, commercial business operations, land development or finance
- Board or Committee member experience and parliamentary procedure
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Business leadership and management abilities
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, committed and enthusiastic
There are no vacancies at this time. Applications will open in late fall 2019 for positions available in 2020.
For further information
Call the Legislative Services Department at 780-3578747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.