Terms of Reference for the Council Remuneration Review Committee as amended October 2016.
The Committee will function as an Ad-hoc Committee of Council.
The role of the Committee is to research, develop and present a report and recommendation of Council Remuneration for the term 2021 - 2024.
Areas to be addressed include:
- Salary for Mayor, Deputy Mayor and Councillors, including methodology, comparators and frequency
- Per diem – amount and application
- Tax free levels
- Pension options
- Mayor’s mileage allowance
- Any other matter directly related to Council remuneration
The Committee will present its report to the Corporate Services Committee by January 2021.
The Committee will consist of up to four members of the Public appointed by Council as well as 1 City advisory staff member appointed by the City Manager.
The Committee's mandate will expire once Council has approved the rate of remuneration for the 2021 - 2024 Council Term.
Meetings will be held at the call of the Chair as required.
NIL. This is a volunteer position.
Skills, abilities, and experience
- Ability to commit time to attend meetings during the workday over a 12 month period
- Familiarity with local government and the roles and responsibilities of a Council
- Knowledge and understanding of financial and accounting principles
- Knowledge and understanding of the elements of compensation and planning
- Knowledge and skill in research and analysis
- Board or Committee member experience and parliamentary procedure
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to speak in public and communicate effectively
- Experience in business, management, government or community organizations
Applications will open in late fall 2019 for positions available in 2020.
For further information
Please contact the Legislative Services Department at 780-357-8747 or email@example.com