City Council is responsible for advocacting the needs and desires of City residents and stakeholders to both the Province of Alberta and Federal Government.
In 2019, Grande Priarie City Council is advocating for:
- Twinning Highway 40, including the Wapiti River crossing.
- Expanded mental health and addictions care.
- Investment ready land through the Tri-Municipal Industrial Partnership.
- Provincial supports to reduce local crime.
- University Status for Grande Priarie Regional College.
- Completion of the Grande Prairie Regional Hospital.
Download the detailed 2019 Advocacy Priorities document to learn more.