The Grande Prairie Firefighters Charitable Foundation
“The Grande Prairie Firefighters Charitable Foundation is a cooperative fundraising body that will benefit the citizens of our community and support other charities with similar goals and objectives”.
- The Grande Prairie Firefighters Charitable Foundation was established in 2007 by the Grande Prairie Firefighters Association.
- Our members have long been active in the Community working for numerous charitable causes. We felt the need to organize these efforts to maximize the positive results our volunteer work has within the Community.
- The foundation will continue to work in partnership with organizations that have had long standing relationships with our firefighters, as well, we are looking to forge new partnerships and explore new ways to try to benefit our Community and Region.
- The Grande Prairie Firefighters are very excited on how well the Foundation has been received by the Community. In our jobs we work hard to protect the life and property of the citizens in our Region. Creating this Foundation is the most effective way to extend that same care outside of the emergency setting.
- Since our inception in 2007 we have raised over $100,000.00 for our foundation and have donated that money to various needs and organizations in our Region.
- Some of the organizations that have benefited from our Foundation are:
- Grande Prairie Firefighters Charitable Foundation Swanavon School Lunch Program
- Friends feeding Friends
- Coats for Kids
- Odyssey House
- Grande Prairie Food Bank
- Kev’s Kids
- Project Playhouse – Pregnant and Parenting Teens
- Prostate Cancer – “Movember”
- Rainbow Society
- GP and District Burn Society
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Numerous Local Needs
For more information please visit the Grande Prairie Firefighters Charitable Foundation website.
Or visit the GP Firefighters Charitable Foundation on Facebook at: