Community Group Funding
The City will provide financial support to various community groups or agencies who provide programs and services that benefit the City of Grande Prairie and its residents. This is a partnership between the City and the groups or agencies for our community.
The funding will be based on approved budget resources. In determining the allocation to various community groups or agencies, the administration will make recommendations based upon community needs and the ability of community groups or agencies to respond to that need. It is expected that community groups or agencies will meet established criteria, provide supporting documentation, and show outcomes and results of the funding. In some cases, Provincial criteria must also be met.
- Event sponsorship will be considered separately from community groups or agencies grants, according to Policy 112 (Corporate Sponsorship).
- Community Group Funding Policy 315.
For the Community Group Funding cycle for 2021, the City has categorized funding based on Council’s Strategic Objectives as follows:
- Community: Groups/agencies that foster connections among people through socially inclusive programs and services with a diverse offering of cultural and recreational opportunities.
- Economy: Groups/agencies that contribute to a healthy economy and advance economic growth for businesses and the community.
- Safety: Groups/agencies that undertake protective measures to respond and protect the community from harm and provide a safe and healthy community.
- Enhancement: Groups/agencies that contribute to the quality of life and enhance the livability of the community.
The application can be found here.
Applications are now closed for the 2021 funding year.
Email completed applications with supporting documentation to:
For more information, contact
Sports Development, Wellness and Culture, City of Grande Prairie
PO Bag 4000 Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6V3