The Community Improvement Grant provides opportunities for community groups to make enhancements within the City of Grande Prairie. Grants will support residents in working together to provide an overall benefit to the community. These types of initiatives foster civic pride and build connections. Examples of previous grants include:
- Orchards/edible landscapes
- Picnic tables, benches and bike stands in neighbourhood parks
- Outdoor fitness park
- Bee hotels
- Community murals
- Neighbourhood banners
This grant replaces the Neighbourhood Enhancement Matching Grant, the Parks Improvement Grant and the Community Enhancement Grant. This will streamline the application process and make it easier for groups to apply to receive funds.
There are two funding options available:
- Matching Grant up to $5000 where the City will match the community contributions of labour, materials and cash.
- Non-Matching Grant up to $2500 to fund smaller one-time projects.
- Non-profit organizations. Consideration will be given to businesses, individuals and schools for projects that provide an overall benefit to the community.
- Projects that are accessible to all residents.
- Satisfactory completion of previous projects.
The project must
- Provide an overall benefit to a neighbourhood or community
- Involve a broad base of people to promote community development
- Build community connections
- Endure for a minimum of three years
The application and guidelines can be found here.
Applications are due October 1 of each year.
Email completed applications with supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact
Sports Development, Wellness and Culture, City of Grande Prairie
PO Bag 4000 Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6V3
Also Known As
Community Enhancement Grant, Neighbourhood Enhancement Matching Grant, Parks Improvement Grant, Community Grants