The first priority of the Pursuit of Excellence Committee is education and development for coaches, to ensure that they are well prepared to coach and mentor our aspiring athletes.
The second priority will be to assist in the training and development of individual athletes. For some sports this may mean assistance in novice training. Other sports that already hold ongoing development programs will be given assistance for advanced or elite development.
Athletes can be awarded up to $1,000 per year for training and development, in the areas of:
- Attending clinics and conference
- High performance or specialized training
- Travel and accommodations
- Membership fees
Funding assistance to attend open sports camps or tryout camps is not available through this fund.
If athletes have received this funding in the past, please provide an update on progress.
Applications must include one or more letters from a coach/mentor or Club Executive, as well as a letter from your provincial sport association verifying your membership.
- Please complete and submit the Athlete Development Funding Application
- *In order to submit your application form by email, you need to have Adobe Reader XI
Please save the PDF first, complete the form, then attach to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received prior to the event occurring. Applications received after an event will not be accepted.
Funding assistance to attend sports camps is not available from this fund; however, specialized or elite training camps may qualify.
Pursuit of Excellence encourages attendance at local clinics.
There have been many recipients of this award. Here are just a few, some might be familiar:
- Nicholas Bardak, Cross Country Skiing
- Evan Senger, Fencing
- Matthew Holmen, Fencing
- Kevin Carey, Volleyball
- Parker Jobin, Volleyball
- Ryan Roznowsky, Swimming
- Tyson Calder Beaupre, Golf
- Adrien Schadeck, Track & Field
- Dallas Dobos, Taekwondo
- Dani Smith, Volleyball
- Aqueena Schoorlemmer, Speed Skating
- Ryan Sheehan - Gymnast
- Lucas McMahon - Speed Skater
- Andrew Poznikoff - Swimmer
- Elizabeth Gustafson - Shooting
Sports Development, Wellness and Culture, City of Grande Prairie
PO Bag 4000 Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6V3