Coaching education is the number one priority with Pursuit of Excellence. Funding is available to assist coaches, referees, officials, and other volunteers to attend training opportunities to further their expertise in their chosen sport. This funding prioritizes coaching education, particularly locally through clinics, conferences, and symposiums.
Applicants may be eligible for up to two-thirds of the funds required; the individual/club is to provide remaining. Coaches, officials and volunteers can receive up to $1,000 per year.
Coaches who are being paid may be eligible for up to one-third of the funds required, and volunteer coaches may be eligible for up to two-thirds. Coaches accepting honorariums are not considered to be paid coaches. Continuing contribution to amateur sport in Grande Prairie will also be a factor in approving funding.
- Please complete and submit the Coach, Official, and Volunteer Development Funding Application Form
- *In order to submit your application form by email, you need to have Adobe Reader XI
- Please send the application form as an attachment to an email submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received prior to the event occurring. Applications received after an event will not be accepted.
Here are just some of the clubs whose coaches have benefited from our fund.
- Nitehawk Ski Hill
- Wapiti Shooters
- Grande Prairie Boxing Club
- Grande Prairie Minor Hockey
- Grande Prairie Fencing Club
- Montrose Wrestling Club
- Piranhas Swim Club
- Grande Prairie Minor Football
- Minor Wolves Basketball
- Grande Prairie Minor Baseball
- Grande Prairie Panthers Ladies Hockey
- Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers
- Wapiti Striders
- Wapiti Nordic Ski Club
- Grande Prairie Gymniks Gymnastics
- Aquarians Swim Club
Sports Development, Wellness and Culture, City of Grande Prairie
PO Bag 4000 Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6V3