In 2006, Grande Prairie resident and former Canadian Freestyle Ski Team athlete Ryan Blais established the Come Fly with Me Legacy Fund: an endowment held with the Community Foundation of Northwestern Alberta as a result of the firsthand experience and support he received from our community and region throughout his athletic pursuits. He wished to extend the same opportunities to the next generation of elite level athletes that represent this region on the national and international stage.
This award is given to local athletes who require assistance to enhance their training and development. Recipients should demonstrate and value contributing to their community and strive towards the building of mutually beneficial relationships. Athletes are well positioned to be positive role models in their communities and can be the leaders of tomorrow.
This annual award is determined based on the value of the endowment fund each year. Applicants receiving this scholarship are still eligible for any of the other grants in the same year.
- Please complete and submit the Come Fly With Me Fund Application Form (Interactive Form)
- *In order to submit your application form by email, you need to have Adobe Reader XI
Please use Internet Explorer to submit your application, or if using another web browser, save the PDF first, complete the form, then attach to an email (submit form button will not work unless you are using Internet Explorer)
- Athletes must be or have been part of the Grande Prairie Sport Development System.
- Applications must include letters of support from a coach/mentor.
- Applications must include confirmation of membership with National Sport Association.
- Applications must include an individual goal statement outlining short and long-term goals and objectives.
- Applicants must disclose information about the amount of self-help, sponsorship and any other types of assistance.
- Applications must be received prior to the event occurring. Applications received after an event will not be accepted.
- The annual award amount is determined based on the value of the endowment fund.
- Applicants receiving this scholarship are still eligible for any of the other grants in the same year.
- The Community Foundation requires a statement of accountability including how the funding awarded has helped support the athlete.
Deadlines for Scholarship applications are October 1 of each year.