Individual athletes and teams representing the Province of Alberta and competing at or below the Junior Level who have qualified to attend national or championship competition, not including invitational tournaments, may be eligible for Pursuit of Excellence Travel Funding for Athletes.
- Individuals and teams who have qualified, through points earned, to attend national or championship competitions will be eligible for assistance.
- Athletes must be representing the Province of Alberta and competing at or below the Junior Level.
- Individual/team attendance at invitational tournaments will not be considered.
- Athletes requesting funding assistance to attend sports camps are also ineligible to apply for assistance from this fund.
- Travel assistance to international events by national team athletes will be considered on an individual basis based on actual costs provided by the athlete.
- Applications must be received prior to the event occurring. Applications received after an event will not be accepted.
For budgeting purposes, please consider the following: $36.00 allowance/day for meals, accommodation allowance based on $130.00/night.
- Up to $200 per athlete, per event for travel over 350 km away
- Up to $300 per athlete, per event for travel over 750 km away
- Up to $400 per athlete, per event for travel over 1200 km away
- Up to $500 per athlete, per event for travel over 1600 km away
- Up to $2,000 per athlete per event for travel over 2500 km away
- Up to $2,000 per team, per year to attend an event in Canada.
Travel assistance to international events will be considered on an individual basis based on actual costs provided.
Please complete and submit the Travel Funding Application.
*In order to submit your application form by email, you need to have Adobe Reader XI
Please email email@example.com with your completed application form as an attachment.
Sports Development, Wellness and Culture, City of Grande Prairie
PO Bag 4000 Grande Prairie, AB T8V 6V3