A two-week round of residential snow clearing has been triggered by the City and will begin on Thursday, January 9.
Residential snow clearing is being activated due to recent snowfall, as well as due to forecasted snowfall. Residential snow clearing occurs in two-week rotations and is completed by contracted snow removal crews from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Residential snow clearing occurs on weekdays in the following neighbourhoods:
- Monday: Crystal Heights, Crystal Landing, Hillside, Ivy Lake Estates, Mountview, Summit, VLA/Montrose.
- Tuesday: Country Club Estates, Countryside North and South, Country Club West, Patterson and South Patterson, Southview, and Signature Falls.
- Wednesday: Avondale, Cobblestone, College Park, Fieldbrook, Highland Park, Riverstone, Smith, Swanavon.
- Thursday: Mission Heights, O’Brien Lake, Pinnacle Ridge, Stone Ridge, and Westpointe.
- Friday: Arbour Hills, Copperwood, Crystal Lake Estates, Crystal Ridge, Gateway, Lakeland, Northridge, and Royal Oaks.
If a neighbourhood is not completed in week one of the rotation, crews will return in week-two to complete the area. Residents are reminded that residential snow clearing does not occur every week, only when activated.
City crews will also continue to plow, sand, and salt priority 1, 2, and 3 routes.
A parking ban on all permanent snow routes begins on Wednesday, January 8. The parking ban is in effect from Monday to Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Permanent snow routes are identified by signs that say “Snow Route” and “No Parking As Declared.”
Residents wishing to inquire about snow removal may call the Citizen Contact Center at 780-538-0300. For more information on snow removal, visit www.cityofgp.com/snow.