Phase 4 of the Downtown Rehabilitation and Streetscapes Project results in 100 Avenue between 100 Street and 98 Street being closed to traffic in different stages throughout the summer.
To keep traffic moving during construction, temporary traffic signals are installed on 102 Avenue at the intersections of 100 Street and 102 Street. These signals are synced with permanent traffic signals in the area to optimize traffic flow. We recommend drivers detour around the construction zone using the signed detours.
Businesses in the City Centre remain open, if your favourite local businesses is the construction zone, use our Downtown Parking Map [PDF 1.1 MB] to find out where to park.
Stage 1 Detour:
Starting May 3, the intersection of 100 Avenue and 100 Street is closed to traffic, along with 100 Avenue between 100 Street and 99 Street.
A temporary cul-de-sac is in place on 100 Avenue between 101 Street and 100 Street to create easy access to businesses on 100 Avenue.
To move around the intersection closure, the following signed detours are in place for traffic moving:
- Westbound - Shown in red on the map
- When travelling west on 100 Avenue take the following turns: north/right onto 98 Street, west/left onto 101 Avenue, north/right onto 100 Street, west/left onto 102 Avenue, South/left onto 102 Street, west/right onto 100 Avenue.
- Southbound to Eastbound - Shown in teal on the map
- When travelling South on 100 Street take the following turns: east/left onto 101 Avenue, south/right onto 98 Street, and east/left onto 99 Avenue.
- Northbound - Shown in purple on the map
- When travelling on 100 Street take the following turns: east/right onto 99 Avenue, north/left onto 98 Street, west/left onto 101 Avenue, and north/right onto 100 Street.
- Southbound - Shown in blue on the map
- When travelling south on 100 Street, take the following turns: west/right onto 102 Avenue, south/left onto 102 Street, east/left onto 97 Avenue, and south/right onto 100 Street.
Learn about the detour routes by downloading the Detour Map [PDF, 1.8 MB] or by using the viewer below!